Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Remember how cautious I've been with Luna around the chickens? She's always been REALLY interested in them and despite my training efforts, her interest hasn't waned. Well, I started to suspect that maybe she isn't prey driven, but driven by something else.

A few week's ago, much to my surprise, I looked over to see her chilling with the chickens in their yard! (Wait, how did she get in there? Answer: under the fence). I was relieved to learn that my suspicions were true. She doesn't want to eat the chickens, she wants to play with them! Funnily enough, chickens don't really respond to play bows...

After learning how to get into the chicken yard and attempting to initiate a play date, but sadly getting an indifferent response in return, she's now learned to open the gate and let the chickens out.

On a daily basis, I come outside to find this...


After all, girls just wanna have fun! 

I can relax knowing that my chickens aren't going to be a poodle snack after all! Alright girls, go have your fun.

Side note: Luna has trained the chickens to expect her and they will wait at the gate when they see her. It is a win, win situation as far as they are concerned. Once out, the chickens get fresh grass and weeds to snack on and Luna gets to follow along enjoying her 'girl time'!

Comments

  1. Now that is adorable! I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Luna, I luffs that the chickens wait fur you to let them out!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they've formed a perfect relationship, I love it! My hubby always loves to tell the story of his beagle Homer, who helped herd the chickens into the coop every night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, are you 'pawsitive' she' isn't part herder? 😇 Perhaps an OES in a previous life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I don't think this could possibly any cuter. I'm glad that they're all getting something positive out of this friendship ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very cool!!! OMG - Luna has come so very far and I'm so excited for you and her. And the chickens too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this story. Thank you for sharing Kimberly. What a great story. I love the mental picture of Luna playbowing to the chickens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts