Wood, Dirt and a Cat Door

Welcome Thursday, am I ever glad to see you!

What a busy couple of weeks it has been here in the forest. It happens every year; as soon as the weather improves for the season we hit our list of projects, and we hit it hard! These last two weeks have been devoted to driveway work, relocating our greenhouse, felling trees, chopping wood, growing plants...you get the idea.

The poodles make good wood chopping buddies. They enjoy the trips from the chopping station to the wood pile and happily prance alongside the wheelbarrow. Here they are sitting nicely, waiting to leave for the 'trip' to the wood pile.



As we've been busy with dirty-work, I've been immensely thankful for my paw-print themed garden shoes. They keep my feet dry and are easy to wash off. Besides, anything that has a paw print on it is instantly a winner in my book.


 
Teddy and Luna have been confined to the house a lot more these last couple of weeks. We've been felling trees and using heavy machinery. Neither activity is conducive to a safe poodle play area. Because of this, Teddy wants to share his personal pick of the week with you.

But first, a little backstory.

Every time a new person visits our house, they say "Oh! Do you have a cat?" That's a fair question, given the fact we have a cat door.

The previous owner had cats and when we moved it we talked about removing it, but then this happened....



...and we decided to leave it.

When he can't be outside, Teddy likes to lay in the hallway with his nose out the cat door, reading the news. He uses his sense of smell to keep in touch with what's going on out there!

Too cute. He can keep his cat door.

Thanks for stopping by! I encourage you to check out other posts related to "I Like Thursday" or "Thankful Thursday" by visiting Not Afraid of Color.

Comments

  1. What a lot of joy your poodles give you! It is the same with our two galoots we have. But no cat door and I'm thinking they would want one too if they saw it. Pawprint boots just say it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pawsome idea! I wants one of those news reading doors!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! I love have that "reading door"!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent use for a cat door with no cat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teddy is so smart! I love how he uses your cat door. Happy Spring projects! We have many of them to get to at our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it won't let me leave my own comment so I am piggy backing on Diann's
      Love the snout pic!

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    Sounds like a few busy weeks. Love the cat door story. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, that nose peaking out is too adorable! With all the rain (and melting hailstones), there are way too many paw prints on the hardwood and tile floors. Guess I'd better order a load of decomposed granite for the dog run! Happy chopping. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD that is just too cute! Also, LOVE your garden shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cat door! I need some garden shoes. I use just old ugly ones. Enjoy your day!
    mary in Az.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts