Bulldogs, Sea Lions and Books

Last week I took a brief departure from the forest and flew to San Fransisco. I immersed myself in the city for a short while and then I went to Maker Faire. It's always rather strange being back in a city, as it is such a departure from my daily norm. For some reason, it always amazes me how many people there are! I suppose I'm easily impressed!

The weather was favorable, so a lot of pups were out with their owners walking along the Embarcadero. Of course, I wanted to stop and pet each and every one of them, but if I had done so I would never have seen any of the sights! Although I didn't conduct a formal tally of dog breeds, there was one breed in particular that showed up more than any other. So, I conclude that the San Fransisco dog is.....the French Bulldog! They were all over the place!


After walking from the Ferry Terminal to Pier 39, I was pleased to be greeted by this group of fine looking Sea Lions. Their antics provided endless entertainment and when the wind was blowing just right, they didn't smell that bad either! The social conduct varied from play fighting, snuggling, talking to each other and being alone. I truly could have watched them for hours and it was amusing how many of their behaviors were similar to a dog's.


While away, Teddy and Luna were well cared for by our amazing pet sitter. Although I know they were given treats and walks and everything else they needed, it is always wonderful to be on the receiving end of their immense excitement upon returning! I think seeing us come through the door was the highlight of their week!

On another note, If you're looking for a good read, I highly recommend The Shepherd's View. It is a quick read (took me an hour) and it has some lovely photos as well. The author, James Rebanks, has a way of making you chuckle when you least expect it!

Lastly, I mustn't forget to say thanks to Not Afraid of Color for including me in her "I Like Thursdays" blog hop!

How was your week?


Comments

  1. what a title! I like to watch sea lions and otters in CA. too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my best vacations was in San Fran. Loved the Embarcadero, shops, sea lions and of course the food! Thanks for sharing a fun post. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love visiting San Francisco and that vicinity, too. The sea lions are always entertaining. Thanks for the reading recommendation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Looks like it was a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to be a visitor along your digital tour. LOVE the sea lions. Such fascinating creatures. Enjoy the pups and give them both an ear scratch from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun trip! I thought you had adopted a 3rd poodle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love French bulldogs - they are so darn cute! There is so much to see in cities, but I am such a country girl. After being in the city, I just can't wait to get back to the green grass and fresh air of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I've never been to San Fransisco, but it looks really awesome. Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts