I Like #9 - Apple Spice, Tricks

I appreciate that Not Afraid of Color keeps me motivated with I Like Thursdays. Some weeks I just wouldn't write anything without her blog hop to keep me going. This is one of those weeks. 

I like a lot of things, but this week I especially like the sound my dryer is making as I type this. It doesn't sound usual, and that is what's so heartening about it. Four days ago it was making a terrible clunking sound and when I checked the vent outside I watched as mice came flying out on a warm breeze! Since discovering this takeover of my dryer, it has been disassembled in my living room, thoroughly cleaned, and is now reassembled with new pipe and vent cover. Simple pleasures!

So, needless to say, I didn't have much time to write-up a list of I Likes this week. That said, I do have a favorite recipe to share with you, so here it goes...

I like Apple Pie Shakes! If you, like me, appreciate the flavor of spiced apple but don't have the time or interest to make a pie, then this shake is for you!

Ingredients:
  • Vanilla ice cream
  • Unfiltered apple juice
  • Brown sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • Cloves

Combine and blend 2-3 large scoops of ice cream with about 2/3 cup of apple juice, 1 tsp brown sugar, and spices to taste.



Enjoy and "Bee Happy"!



Poodle Pick of the Week


This week's pick is brought to you by Teddy. Teddy likes doing tricks! His repertoire includes:
  • Sit
  • Beg
  • Down
  • Show me your belly
  • Rollover
  • Touch
  • Speak
  • Whisper
  • Talk
  • Jump
  • Dance
  • Hit the light
  • Yoga
  • Back-up
  • Roll out the carpet
  • Take it to...(whereby he takes something to the other person in the room)
  • Get it (picks something up)

In Part 1 of Teddy's tricks, he demos Sit, Beg, Whisper and Speak for you. If you can't see the video in this view, feel free to use this link instead!




Happy Thursday to you from Teddy, Luna and myself!

Comments

  1. Oh I love seeing the video of Teddy!!! I never heard a dog whisper before :) Thanks for the recipe! Might have to try that out soon! Have a wonderful week and congrats on having a functioning dryer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with your dryer dilemma. But, I would have totally freaked at the flying mice. I have never heard of your Apple Pie Shakes- I love ice cream and apples so I can't wait to try this. What is "unfiltered" apple juice?
    This is a great post! mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call the kind of apple juice that still has pulp (not the clear stuff) "unfiltered". There may be other names for it too! Have a great weekend Mary!

      Delete
  3. I forgot to put the link list til a bit ago when I finally roused myself. This wsa a fun post. I feel the same way you did about the dryer when our power came back on after a week. The little things become BIG things when they go missing. I love take it to... Cole was having none of what smacked of providing a service for others. I believe he felt to do it once (suspect he knew exactly what I wanted) would only serve to make me want him to do it more times and that wasn't happening. He had poodle business of his own to do. My lab was more willing to learn those behaviors.
    You're linked up now, sorry about the delay! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that's quite a story about your dryer! The mice inside would have me pretty freaked out! The apple pie shake sounds delicious; I'll have to try it. And your video of Teddy is just adorable! He is such a beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, not a good thing in your drier!! I'm glad it's all working now - yes, I can see why the sound of it working correctly is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teddy is so talented! I need to teach Luke a new trick soon.
    That apple pie shake sounds so good! I am definitely going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh how I wish Sam wasn't so offended by performing tricks. He just looks at me as if I've asked him to do something illegal. He will however, lick his chops on command for patients. First one side and then when prompted, the other. "Do it again" will will back to the first side. The patients think he is come genius but he and I both know better. 😇 But roll over, fetch, or anything remotely like those commands and I get the double eye blink as if I'd spoken to him in Yugoslavian. Thanks for sharing sweet Teddy's film. He's too darn cute not to mention clever as all get out. Congrats with the dryer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts