I Like Thursdays #2, Plus a PP

Another week has flown by and once again it is Thursday. Thanks to Not Afraid of Color for inviting me to join in the "I Like" blog hop. Here's what I like this week....

1. I like...a good view! This one is taken from my living room (I know, I'm spoiled). The valley and mountain are regular 'friends' of mine and it is enjoyable to see the changes that each season brings to the surroundings. This week the fresh snow and bright sun made for a crisp and clear mountain view.



2. I like giving gifts. It's always fun to give a gift to a friend! I like the process of considering what that person might appreciate, even if it is just something small. On that note, I've had these three $10 iTunes gift cards in my desk drawer for far too long. I think it is time to pass them on to someone who will use them! So, if you live in the U.S. and could use a $10 iTunes gift card, please leave me a comment below indicating you'd like one, with your email and I'll happily give these three cards away to the first three people who want them! (Poodle not included.)



3. I like knitting! I started knitting 21 years ago. It checks a lot of boxes for me. It is relaxing, it is rewarding to make something with my own two hands, and it scratches my creative itch. This is the very beginning of a simple pair of socks. I love the color of the wool and my feet are constantly cold, so I have high hopes for these to warm my toes! As much as I love the look of intricate cable or lacy patterns, I tend to stick to basic patterns. Otherwise, I find myself having to focus more than I would like and it takes away from the relaxing part.


If you read the title of this week's blog post and thought "what on earth is a PP?" Well, here it is...Poodle Pick! From now on my "I Like" posts are going to include a Poodle Pick of the week. Here's what Teddy and Luna picked this week...

Poodle Pick of the Week!

Balls, balls and more balls! Luna likes the balls that drop treats as you roll them across the floor (puzzle balls).

 
While Teddy likes the squishy mouth feel of the Planet Dog balls. This one glows in the dark which is a lifesaver for winter evening play times!


Wishing you a happy rest of your week! Friday's not too far away!







Comments

  1. I LUFFS that view....oh and I do LUFFS gifties as well, hehe
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx
    PeeS Oh, and if I can get my paws on Mum's knitting I LUFFS that as well!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your beautiful view! I grew up in the mountains (though now live in the flatlands of Oklahoma) and though our house didn't have a view like that our church did. The huge window behind the altar was centered right on our local mountain peak and it was such an inspiring thing to see during worship. And I love seeing all the pictures of your precious poodle (and knitting!!). My partner's grandson would love an itunes giftcard in his valentines envelope if you're giving them away, now worries if you have others to share them with! Thanks so much for passing along the goodness! la.emperatriz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! that scene. How inspiring. Look up and see the mountains who have stood guardian for so many thousands of years. Love the poodle picks! I'm finishing up a pair of knitted socks. I like doing the same pattern very simple, so I can go zen. Do you have a favorite color?? purple is very spiritual.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poodles are so beautiful! I enjoy your photos of them! We are lucky to live along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, so I can see the mountains every day, too. That view never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great view! I love your poodles! They look like they are having so much fun! I knitted all the way through college, it is sooooo relaxing! Have a wonderful day and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a view! That's awesome. Purple socks. Looks like nice soft yarn. Basic is good - whatever keeps those feet warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a view, we wish we had that!
    I've been getting your blog through email since Lee Anna told me about it, I enjoy reading about your poodle adventures.
    Thanks for the chance to win a gift card.
    Drew (Cole's dad ��)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular view! A view like that would make me like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Coulee with your gorgeous pups, it would e complete Nirvana. Oh, to be able to knit...I this I might sell my soul to the devil. *Sigh* It's too kind of you offering iTune cards, thank you.
    P.S. Your gorgeous card arrived last night, thank you for that. It was lovely and the sentiment was very sweet. ღ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous view! We had a mountain view at our old house, but it wasn't that spectacular! I do miss the sunsets, but we love being in the woods where we are now too.
    Luke just loves the squishy Planet Dog balls as well! He'll sit and chomp on those until his jaw finally gets tired.
    I could use some new music, so if you're still giving away any gift cards...jank1961@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the gift cards are spoken for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little late! Anyway, Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your poodles are lovely--I had a mini named Jou-Jou when I was growing up. She was my closest friend. She was an amazing gal--went ice fishing with us (wearing her little red booties of course and her little red sweater I knitted for her!!lol) and just gave us all such joy. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts