I Like #4 - Whoo, Blooms, Cookies

It's that time of the week again; the time to think about the things that make life a little brighter. Thanks to Not Afraid of Color for including me in the hop!

1. I like owls. This particular resident visits our yard frequently and I can often hear him 'whoo whooing' at night. I believe it to be a Barred Owl. Before I realized that owls are a danger chickens, I lost a few to this hungry local. But now that I know, I ensure the chickens are tucked up in their coop well before Mr. Owl comes out to hunt. We can live together in harmony.



2. I was looking through old photos and came across this one, which reminded me that I like arranging flowers. I made this arrangement using flowers from my garden - columbine, weigela, thimble berry flowers and comfrey. If I ever win the lottery, I think I'll open a flower shop and arrange flowers for fun. (Of course, I'll have staff so I don't have to work full-time. I'll need time to work at my poodle rescue organization too! We can but dream!)


3. I like The Tea Shop Mystery series of books by Laura Childs. I've only read the first one, but I'm already hooked and am waiting patiently for the library to bring in the next book. It is always fun to find a series to enjoy. The lazy part of me likes not having to find a good book for a while, I can just read my way through series-bliss!

Poodle Pick of the Week

The poodle pick of the week this week was an easy one....homemade treats! Our friends Monika, Sam and Elsa over at Tails Around the Ranch sent us these amazing homemade treats. The contain applesauce and peanut butter, a poodle favorite! If you're interested in the "Pawnut Butter Applesauce" treats, I encourage you to check out their blog for the recipe. 

Gosh, these sure do smell good!

Meanwhile, we are so lucky to be the recipient of these goodies and the timing is impeccable - Luna's had a tough week and a special treat was just what the doctor ordered! 

Waiting patiently, treat on paw.

Teddy and Luna sincerely thank their friends Sam and Elsa for sharing with them!

Yum! Best thing that's happened all week!

What brought a smile to your face this week?

Comments

  1. I like your likes! I remember the drama of a barred owl visiting our yard at dusk one summer. Swoosh! The little birds had been chirping and flying around, the insects making their background noise, and suddenly... SILENCE.... stunning complete silence in an instant. Swoosh! The owl landed and stared at us. Awewome. Yea Monika! She is so careful with her pups, and makes sure to feed them healthy whole food. Lucky Luna and Teddy, and how beautiful are they?? Teahouse mysteries... I'm on book 8 I think, and they just get better and better. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful owl photo you've got! We've seen them in our neighborhood at dusk, but not in our yard so far. I love that you can make such a beautiful bouquet of flowers out of your garden, too. I haven't read any of the Tea house mysteries yet, but they're on my list! And as always, I enjoy your poodle pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo of the owl. We like listening to the ones hoot in the back yard in the summer.

    Look at that nose! Definitely a poodle pick! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful owl--we have had many beautiful hawks here--but I have NEVER spied an owl in the wild. A lot of neighbors brag that they see them all the time???? Pas moi!! ;000 thanks for sharing.
    Your gals look like they really enjoyed those special treats. I sent my granddog, Kota, special treats for Valentine's Day--she sent me a pix of her licking her lips lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. your puppies are so patient! I too love mystery series especially if I can get them on audiobook. I'll have to check these out. happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I discovered your blog through Not Afraid of Color. I have you on my 'feedly' so that I don't miss your posts. I've added a couple of Laura Childs's mysteries to my library 'hold' list. I love getting a recommendation for a new author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you win the lottery because I am impressed with your flower arranging. I just love flowers. The are so happy. I'm still waiting for the local library to get the Tea Shop Mysteries! I will need to check out Laura Child's other books. I'm glad I found you through Lee Ann's post. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  8. The owl photo--WOW!!! I love the photo with the nose on the table. All my dogs have done that :) They were always good about not taking without asking first! Hope Luna has a better week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna is starting to feel better, now that we found the correct antibiotic.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photo and I think it is a Barred Owl too. I have a special liking of owls and they are so cute in stitcheries, etc. Gorgeous dogs...so noble and obedient. Our dogs a German shepherd and black Lab are rescued dogs too. I tell them two things every day, how beautiful they are and how lucky they are. But of course we are the lucky ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you remind your dogs how beautiful they are!

      Delete
  10. I haven't seen an owl around here, but the grandson recently dissected an owl pellet. Your flowers are gorgeous, and I agree finding a favorite series to binge read is the ultimate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had the same owl in our yard not too long ago. Oddly, he was out there very early in the evening when it was still light out. We weren't sure if he was napping or hunting! Oh, thanks for mentioning about the chickens, we'll have to keep that in mind when we get ours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh that owl is exquisite! Thanks for the shout out-very kind of you and I'm ever so happy to provide those two adorable faces with handmade treats! 🐩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts