Saturday, February 25, 2017

D'Art's Dogwood

We planted a tree in memory of D'Art today - a dogwood called "Wolf Eyes". I knew I wanted to plant a tree for my sweet, black-haired boy because he was always seeking out a good shady spot when the sun came out. It was just too hot in the sun with all that black hair! After reading many tags at the nursery to determine the best choice, we found this one. It was the last one in stock and fit the bill perfectly. It was waiting for us.

Dogwoods come into bloom around June. June was D'Art's birthday. Fitting.


Teddy and Luna kept us company as we chose the spot and dug the hole. The tree doesn't look like much now, but it will develop white/green variegated leaves and large white flowers. It will be a beautiful tree to memorialize a beautiful poodle.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy you did it. And how perfect to get a tree that will bloom in his birthday month. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a most beautiful way to honor a most wonderful dog. I just love it. Thanks so much for your kind wishes for Dakota's birthday, it means a lot. xoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm late in commenting (sooooo behind on reading blog posts). The gang clearly approves of the tree, the location and it's purpose. I hope you share pics of the blooming in your sweet boy's birthday month. 🌳

    ReplyDelete