Perfect Pumpkin Drop Biscuits for Poodles and Pups Alike
If you're like me, then you've already encountered at least a half-dozen different pumpkin themed dog cookie recipes online so far and it's only September. So forgive me as I jump on that bandwagon and share a rather 'rustic' version of these seasonal delights that I made for the poodles. I ate one myself and it wasn't so bad...could have used a little sugar though!
- 1.5 cups of instant oats (more as needed to thicken the dough)
- 1/2 of a large can (29oz) of pureed pumpkin (approx 14.5oz)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Make sure it is the real stuff, no added sugars or xyitol!
|This poodle approves!|
- Open the fridge and realize you don't have any eggs in the house. Go out to the chicken yard and collect some.
- Combine quick oats, eggs, pureed pumpkin and peanut butter in a bowl. Stir until fully combined. The consistency should be akin to very wet, sticky play-dough.
- Using a small spoon, drop small portions of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silicone pad).
- Bake at 375F for approximately 55 minutes, or until fully dried out.
- Let cool and serve as reward for good behavior!
I recommend saving the leftovers in the freezer or fridge, just to be on the safe side.