Perfect Pumpkin Drop Biscuits for Poodles and Pups Alike

If you're like me, then you've already encountered at least a half-dozen different pumpkin themed dog cookie recipes online so far and it's only September. So forgive me as I jump on that bandwagon and share a rather 'rustic' version of these seasonal delights that I made for the poodles. I ate one myself and it wasn't so bad...could have used a little sugar though!



Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups of instant oats (more as needed to thicken the dough)
  • 1/2 of a large can (29oz) of pureed pumpkin (approx 14.5oz)
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup of peanut butter. Make sure it is the real stuff, no added sugars or xyitol!
This poodle approves!
 
Steps:
  1. Open the fridge and realize you don't have any eggs in the house. Go out to the chicken yard and collect some.
  2. Combine quick oats, eggs, pureed pumpkin and peanut butter in a bowl. Stir until fully combined. The consistency should be akin to very wet, sticky play-dough.
  3. Using a small spoon, drop small portions of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or a silicone pad). 
  4. Bake at 375F for approximately 55 minutes, or until fully dried out.
  5. Let cool and serve as reward for good behavior!

Baked

I recommend saving the leftovers in the freezer or fridge, just to be on the safe side.

Comments

  1. Oooh, I'll take the bait and get on the pumpkin bandwagon. These look fabulous. I bake dog treats and have 87 dog shaped cutters and will add this to our recipe bank! Happy autumn. 🎃🍂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last fall I made some fresh pumpkin puree and froze it in bags. I've been looking for a recipe to use up the rest of it. There are so many out there, but I was looking for something simple, without a lot of ingredients and these sound perfect! I hope to have time to bake some this weekend.
    I love that you go out to your own yard to get eggs. We plan to get chickens next spring and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess the humans could eat these too. Yum. (You could add honey for sweetness) Teddy is a photographer's dream isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I love new recipes. This weekend, I made our dogs protein muffins and they loved them. I'm going to take a bite of one to see what they taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippe! A new recipe for my dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome recipe. Thanks! Shall try them pumpkins =d

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts