Nature Walk

I've had a bad cold for the last few days, so our normal walking routine has been set aside until I can breathe properly again. Meanwhile, Teddy and I go on a short nature walk to share with you some our favorite spots around home.

Our first stop is the orchard. These apple trees are only 3 years old, so they are relatively small and don't produce much yet.  


The orchard is looking a bit overgrown, but I do love the self-seeded foxgloves that grow at random.



Next stop is the old-growth nurse log. It's raining at this point and we are literally in a cloud, so that explains why the forest looks so foggy. Teddy poses nicely on the nurse log to help show its size.


Last we hike up the fern slope, heading back to the house. Yes, there is a poodle in this picture!



On the way back I notice that the dogwood is in flower right now and looks particularly lush!

 
There is so much more to show you, but that will have to wait for another time. I'm worn out! Time to towel off and make a cup of tea!

Comments

  1. That gate and fence to the orchard is fabulous! Nice pics of the forested area. Despite getting wet, I hope you had a lovely walk. Sam would rather his hair be set on fire than walk in the rain which bums me since I love it. He HATES getting wet. Happy weekend. ღ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are feeling better soon! I am so envious of those of you who live in such glorious rural areas, that are so pretty to walk in! Teddy looks adorable too! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just came by after hearing about your blog form Dakota's Den. We have a six month old Standard poodle and have had two other poodles (toy and miniature) in the past.It's nice to meet your boys! We will stop by again :)

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts