Homemade Treat Bag
1.Cut out both of the back pockets off an old pair of jeans. Try to cut right along the stitch line so you don't have any running fabric threads to deal with.
2. With either a sewing machine, or by hand, sew the two pockets together, leaving the top open.
3. Next, find an old belt, some fabric webbing or even use another scrap of the denim to create a loop. Sew this loop onto the back of the treat bag (whichever side of the pocket you want to call the back).
4. Next, select a way to attach this loop to your person. Here are a few suggestions:
- Slide the treat bag over your belt.
- Use a carabiner to hook onto your pant's belt-loop.
- Use webbing and a plastic buckle to snap on and off of your belt or belt-loop. (I have some spare webbing and buckles handy, so that is the option I selected.)
I recommend lining your treat bag with a zip-top sandwich bag. That way the treat bag doesn't need washing as often and you can close the treats up when they aren't needed.
Pair this with a clicker or a few good positive words and you're ready to go!