Share the Road

In honor of walk your dog week, Teddy and I went out for an exploratory forest stroll last night. It was still light out, but all I had with me was a cell phone so the photos aren't great.

Teddy and I enjoy exploring the forest together, often just staying on our property. I always have his leash with us, and sometimes he uses it. Last night, we started off-leash and then I leashed him once we encountered that we weren't alone.

Last night, after we got on our cute new paw print garden shoes (Teddy opted to just wear his paws) we headed out.




The autumn leaves are falling and coating everything with their crispy, colorful, confetti.



Not long after leaving the house, we were both surprised to see (and in Teddy's case, smell) a big pile of bear scat. It was fresh.



A few yards further along and Mr. Barred Owl dropped by to say hello. He watched as we continued along our path.


A few yards further still and we saw yet another pile of fresh bear scat. By this time I had already leashed Teddy. My 'spidey senses' were tingling and I decided it was time to go home. I would far prefer to provide right-of-way to the bears.

It was a short walk, but it was an adventure.


Comments

  1. OMG! You have a bear! We did the first year we lived in our home, but he's since moved on. Now we just have coyotes and deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally it is just coyotes and deer for us too but about this time of year they come out of the hills and raid local orchards. My neighbor lost a good deal of apples to this bear, or bears. I have a trail cam setup to see if I can catch some photos!

      Delete
  2. An adventure indeed. I wouldn't want to run into a bear on a walk! Thanks for joining the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend has those garden shoes in green, and she wears them everywhere! :)
    I usually get pretty freaked out if I think there might be a bear around. I'll start talking in a loud voice to my dogs like a crazy person, in the hopes that will keep them away!
    Seeing that owl, very cool, but I think you were smart to head back home..seeing a bear probably wouldn't be so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing shoes! No sign of the bear recently, so perhaps they've moved on. The owl, however, is a permanent resident! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  4. Bears!! I'd love to see bears... but not with my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the poodles probably knew about the visiting Bears before I did because they are always sniffing around the woods.

      Delete
  5. I just love autumn light and the crunch of leaves...no bears in my suburban neighborhood yet, though it's not unheard of in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts