Teddy Goes to the Fair

Summer is full of all kinds of fairs and markets and I love to check them out when I can. Country fairs, street fairs and farmer's markets are my scene! This weekend I heard about a street fair and decided to head that way. Normally when I attend busy places such as this, and want to bring a poodle with me, D'Art is my main pup. He strolls down the street and isn't phased by anything. When people say 'oh look, a poodle' he wags his tail on cue and gives them a friendly smile. He's easy; I can focus on what's up for grabs and pretty much trust that he'll be a gentleman the entire time. But this weekend, it was Teddy's turn. Teddy is a very good boy and is always looking for ways to please his humans, but he can be a little more high strung in busy, noisy places. That said, I want him to have positive experiences in these situations to help him get used to the people, noise, smells and other dogs. So, off we went to the street fair!

At first, I played it safe and we walked around the perimeter, not entering the crowded central part. But he was proving to be a such a good boy that I decided we'd criss-cross the street a few times and really get in on the action. I don't know if you can read between the lines to sense the proud glow that radiates from me, but I am so happy with how it all went. He was on his best behavior! Despite the distractions, he sat when I asked him to (even for the 5 minutes it took me to choose an embroidered bag from one stall). He saw many other dogs, but didn't bark at a single one. He listened to me and took it all in his stride. He was even relaxed by the time we strolled back to the car! I'm so proud of my poodle boy! It is always nice to have one-on-one time with the poodles and I couldn't be more pleased with how well Teddy did at the fair!




How about you? Did you and your pup doing anything fun this past weekend?

Comments

Popular Posts